Strabismus, also known as crossed eyes or squint, is a vision condition characterized by the misalignment of the eyes. In individuals with strabismus, one eye may turn inward, outward, upward, or downward while the other eye remains focused straight ahead. This misalignment can occur constantly or intermittently.
The specific treatment approach depends on factors such as the type and severity of strabismus, the age of the patient, and the underlying cause.
Here are some key points about the treatment –
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses: In some cases, wearing prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses can help correct refractive errors and alleviate strabismus.
- Eye patching: Patching is commonly used to strengthen the weaker eye in cases of amblyopia (lazy eye) associated with strabismus. By covering the stronger eye, it encourages the weaker eye to develop better vision.
- Vision therapy: Vision therapy involves a series of exercises and activities designed to improve eye coordination, focusing, and visual perception. It can be beneficial in managing certain.
- Prism glasses: Prism glasses have specially designed lenses that can help align the eyes and improve binocular vision in some cases.
- Botox injections: In certain situations, Botox injections may be used to temporarily weaken specific eye muscles, allowing for realignment of the eyes.
- Strabismus surgery: Surgical intervention may be necessary if non-surgical methods do not adequately improve eye alignment. The surgery involves adjusting the eye muscles to realign the eyes and restore proper alignment.
- Post-operative care: After strabismus surgery, follow-up care is essential to monitor healing and ensure optimal outcomes. Vision therapy or further treatments may be recommended to enhance visual function.
- Regular eye examinations: It is important for individuals to have regular eye examinations to monitor the condition and make adjustments to the treatment plan if needed.
Rest assured, we will go above and beyond to ensure you receive the utmost quality of care possible.
Call for Appointment
+91 78980 83460
Shree Retina Care is a Super speciality eye care facility offering world class modern diagnostic and therapeutic services of high quality.
© Shree retina care. All Rights Reserved